Last week, the exchange4media Group unveiled its inaugural list of Content 40 Under 40, which felicitated the biggest achievers and game changers in the content domain. The list for 2020 features exceptionally talented individuals, who either personally or as part of a team, helped to advance an advertiser (brand), advertising or media agency, content marketing planning, buying and executing agency, or another entity in a demonstrable way.
The old proverb states that ‘necessity is the mother of invention’ and the adage became amply critical during this year with the challenges that COVID-19 presented. Brands across categories shifted their focus in a big way towards content marketing, seeking new ways to connect with consumers and communicate empathy during these months. The year saw the creation of some truly path-breaking, innovative content and IPs.
This truly has been the year that content came of age, displaying its versatility in breaking barriers and building strong consumer connections. Against this background, the exchange4media Group sought to showcase the increasing importance of content in the media and advertising space by recognising the most prolific names in the domain.
THE JURY AND SELECTION PROCESS
Earlier this year, exchange4media invited entries from professionals across various job roles and profiles such as content heads in brands and agencies, owners of content marketing firms, independent content creators, content producers, people involved in the content creation process in both Digital and TV as well as those professionals involved in producing, ideating and executing content curation.
The 40 final names were chosen from over 100 entries by a distinguished jury chaired by Abhishek Ganguly, General Manager, Puma India and Southeast Asia. The other members of the jury were:
- Aditi Shrivastava, CFA – Co-Founder, PocketAces
- Ajay Gupte, CEO, South Asia, Wavemaker
- Ajay Mehta, SVP, Mindshare
- Amit Doshi, CMO (India and South Asia), Lenovo
- Anand Pathak, Director Sales & Marketing, Netmeds
- Ankit Mehrotra, CEO & Co-founder, Dineout
- Anuraag Srivastava, Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer, Rainshine Entertainment, and Chief Executive Officer, Lightstream
- Jay Gotecha, Marketing - Emmay Entertainment & Motion Pictures
- Karan Shroff, Chief Marketing Officer, Unacademy
- Kainaz Karmakar, Chief Creative Officer Ogilvy & Mather – West
- Navin Shenoy, Head Marketing- Youth, Music and English Entertainment, Viacom18
- Nikhil Mirchandani, Founder & CEO, Hoop Entertainment
- Rohit Ohri, Group Chairman & CEO, FCB India
- Shamsuddin Jasani, Group MD- South Asia, Isobar
- Sunita Rajan, Senior Vice President Advertising Sales, CNN
- Tanmay Mohanty, CEO of Zenith India and Head Of Global Partnerships for Publicis Media India
- Vikram Sakhuja, Group CEO Media & OOH, Madison
The jury factored in criteria such as career history, leadership, creativity, innovation, new initiatives, awards and recognition, impact and influence and growth prospects in deliberations before arriving at the final forty. The forty names on the list feature a good mix of entrepreneurs, agency heads and content creators from brands as well as achievers from media companies.